Monday, March 22, 2010

Baby Steps Lead to a Crib




Slowly but surely, progress is being made.
After packing up an entire room last Tuesday I came down with some fierce kind of cold-allergy-business that knocked me out for the week.
It was a combo of this nastiness plus shouting over music while out with my friends on Friday night that has me without a voice today.
For some reason I felt that Day 1 without a voice (Saturday) was the best day to get down to business and call all my potential future landlords to see if I could look at the apartments that they listed on Craigslist. They all probably thought their potential future tenant was a little old lady...or man...
Anyway, because it was the weekend, I left many many raspy-voiced messages, but I did get a few real people on the line. One was available to show an apartment on Sunday! The apartment was great and I e-mailed him later that day to seal the deal. They're e-mailing me the lease to look over, and I'm handing in my deposit tomorrow!

About the Apartment:
It is on the 3rd floor-- a far cry from the basements I've lived in for the past 3 years
LOTS of light/windows
Odd colored walls
In Squirrel Hill, near the major business section and the busline
(walking distance from a yoga studio!!!!)
pictures to come!

1 comment:

  1. the apt sounds awesome! can't wait to see pics! and yay for finding a decent one :)

    sorry to hear about your bout of sickness. i used to loose my voice at least once or twice a year but that hasn't happened for a couple of years now so i must be doing something right (although i have no idea what that is lol). ;)

    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in! If you have any wisdom on how to (or not to) grow-up, leave it here!